Tuesday 23 November 2010

Audience's response to imaginery entity questions

1.       Social class of Target audience
2.       Age range of target audience
3.       Gender of target audience
4.       What is their favourite genre of music
5.       What is their favourite style of clothing
6.       What is their favourite band/ artist
7.       What is their favourite tv shows
8.       Favourite sport/activity
9.       What is their favourite clothing shop
10.   Roughly how much do they earn a month
11.   Where do they go on holiday


 This is my imaginary entity answers compared to the answers of real audience who have looked at my front cover. Some of my answers matched the answers of the real audience. For example, I decided that my magazine was aimed at 16-24 year olds, and every person answered 16-24.  This means that audience understood my encoding. My magazine was aimed at middle class people, and the audience also understood that it was aimed at the middles class.
My magazine was aimed at mostly men, 65%, but also aimed at women 35%. The answers from the audience were varied, but generally the same. My magazine is a rock/indie solo artists magazine.  However, some answers from the audience were varied, such as Drum and bass. In the preferred style of clothing question,  most answered indie, which was what my magazine is aimed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment