Tuesday 25 January 2011

How did you attract/address you audience?

How did you attract/address your audience?
When I made my magazine, I had thought about the way I would communicate with the audience. This would be done by using semiotics. I attracted the audience by using magazine codes and conventions. These are techniques used to engage the audience and ‘hook’ them. I used things such as mastheads, photos, puff and plugs and straplines. 
My magazine is aimed at people in the age range of 16-25. The audience would obviously have a taste in the type of music my magazine is about. So I had to communicate with them in a way they would understand. For example, in the front cover of the magazine, I have put “Blunt’s new album”. I didn’t include the full name of the artist, because I know that the audience is familiar with the person and so they would know what I am talking about.  On my double page spread, part of the interview talks about skateboarding, which is a familiar hobby amongst people who listen to the genre of music.  

No comments:

Post a Comment