Tuesday 8 March 2011

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

Representation is the way we communicate using signs and symbols. All representations are always untrue when compared to the real thing. This is because the representation goes through a process of mediation.
My magazine is representing solo musicians aged 16 – 25 in the UK. When encoding my media text. I had to think about my target audience and what they expect to see on the magazine. So I had to thin about what sort of pictures to use, and what sort of language.  I had to do this so that the audience knew that the magazine was about Solo Artists in the UK.
I had to create a positive representation of these Solo artists, so that the audience enjoyed reading the text. To do this, I put in appropriate pictures such as the one on the front cover of the main Feature artists playing the guitar. The clothes he is wearing match the style of music the magazine is about.


No comments:

Post a Comment