Tuesday 8 March 2011

What have you learned about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?

What have you learned about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?
The first technology I used when I started the coursework is the internet. I had to research a school magazine, so I used the internet to find a school magazine front cover. I then used Microsoft Word to copy and paste a picture of the front cover in order to add notes and analyse the semiotics.
The next thing I used was a blog to present my coursework so that the teacher could see it online. I used www.blogspot.com which is a free blogging site. It’s good for presenting my work because it allowed me to add labels showing the different sections of the coursework.  The blog allows me show the work as It progresses because each posts is shown after the other.


When I had to do the preliminary task, I had to create a school magazine. For this, I had to use a digital camera to take some photos for the front cover.  I was familiar with the camera functions as i do photography, which helped me to get some good quality photographs.


Then when I had the photos I had taken, we had to edit them a bit to enhance them. To edit the photos I took, I used Adobe Photoshop Elements. This software is good for photo editing because it allows the user to enhance colour and add different effects to the photo.


I used Corel Draw to create my media text. Corel Draw is a graphics software used in the magazine industry. At first I found it difficult to use because it was my first time. But I got used to it eventually. Corel Draw is mainly text based because it is used to create media texts. It allows me to create a page with the dimensions of my choice. In this case I use A4 for my front cover and contents page, and A3 for my double page spread.


No comments:

Post a Comment